Changes to the National Quality Standard (NQS) start from 1 February 2018. These are aimed at continuing promotion of quality education and care at child care centres Australia wide.
The changes relate to the seven quality areas under the NQS that child cares are assessed against:
- Educational Program And Practice
- Children’s Health and Safety
- Physical Environment
- Staffing Arrangements
- Relationships with Children
- Collaborative Partnerships with Families and Communities
- Governance and Leadership.
Changes include removal of overlap between sub-components of the seven quality areas, clarified language, amended definitions, and alterations on how the ‘Exceeding’ and ‘Excellent’ ratings are determined. You can read the revised National Quality Standards here.