MANAGING CHILDREN’S SPECIAL HEALTH NEEDS IN CHILD CARE
It is important that child care services work with you and your family to support your child to be safely and respectfully included in the child care environment.
SUPPORT YOUR CHILD CARE SERVICE BY:
- Explaining your child’s health needs when you enrol them and as their needs change
- Providing contact details of any health professionals working with your child
- Demonstrating to staff at the service how to administer medications
- Clearly communicating your child’s needs to the service.
HOW CAN THE CHILD CARE SERVICE SUPPORT YOU?
- Ensure staff are well informed about your child’s health needs
- Undertaking specific training that may be needed to help care for your child
- Developing clear procedures for managing children’s allergies or other health needs
- Sharing information with you about your child’s care and experiences at the service.
To find quality approved early education and care in Australia visit