KEY QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN SELECTING A CHILD CARE SERVICE
There are lots of different types of early education and care services available for your child.
It is important to always be prepared and ask the right questions when selecting child care.
- What hours do you operate and do you close throughout holiday season?
- Will I be able to visit my child or call them at any time?
- Will I be charged fees for public holidays or when my child is not there?
- Can I change the days of care and how much notice is required?
- Do you provide things like nappies and meals or should I bring them from home?
- What is the ratio of staff to children?
- What skills and experience do the staff have?
- What ages do you care for?
- How will I be notified if my child is sick or has an accident?
- What are your policies and procedures around sleep and rest, hygiene, medication and sun protection?
- How will I know that my child’s learning and development will be encouraged?
- Has the service been quality rated, and if so, what is the service’s rating?
To find quality approved early education and care in Australia visit